MedTrust is now accepting applications from experienced Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN /LPN) to work at the Cardiology Outpatient clinic at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX!
If you want to become a part of this elite team of medical professionals taking care of the men and women who serve our country, we invite you to apply!
- Cardiac Clinic
- Monday-Friday 0600-1830
- Full time, 40 hours
No On-Call, no nights, no weekends or federal holidays!
As a Full-Time MedTrust employee, you may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- CEU Reimbursement
- Paid Federal Holidays Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients’ conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient’s needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition before, during, and following the procedure
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient health-care delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction
- Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse
- Graduate from an accredited vocational nursing program
- BLS & ACLS
- One year of practical or vocational nurse experience in a Cardiology Clinic within the last two years