Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking qualified Licensed Practical Nurses LPN / LVN to provide medical care in a correctional setting.
- Long Term Contracts
- Travelers Welcome! Additional locations available throughout the state are also available!
The Corrections Licensed Practical Nurse works in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basis providing general and emergency nursing care in the Medical and Ambulatory section of the Corrections Facility while maintaining facility security standards. When necessary, the LPN makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The LPN ensures all medication is administered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority.
- Possesses a current Practical Nursing License in the applicable state.
- Minimum of one year experience in Corrections preferred.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including but not limited to supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Utilizes the nursing process to plan, implement, treat and evaluate the patient/inmate
- Integrates and implements referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional
- Looks for signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition and reports to RN
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff
- Collaborates with RN regarding the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation and responding to emergency medical situations involving inmates or staff
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Participates in infection control activities in accordance with department and as directed by Infection Control Coordinator
- Participates in the orientation and continuing education of staff
- Participates in the Health Quality Improvement Program
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client policies
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary