This job is archived
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Outpatient job in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) position is a civilian position providing services within the extensive military medical system, which provides services to active duty service members, military retirees, and their families.Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Outpatient job highlights:
- Full-Time hours
- Holidays off
- Benefits (health, dental, and vision)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Outpatient job overview:
- Provide Separation History and Physical Examination (SHPE) related health assessment, and Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) service support.
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) job qualifications:
- [Register to View] 36328px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Basic Life Support (BLS)
Computer competency (electronic databases, computer operations, et al)
LPN/LVN License: Current, full, active and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
One year of practical or vocational nurse experience after graduation.
Graduate from an accredited community college, junior college, college, university or Practical/Vocational nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: CCNE or NLNAC
Position contingent upon contact award with a late Spring start date. Incumbents encouraged to contact us. Come join our team!