This job is archived
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) job in San Angelo, Texas.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Full-time hours
- Holidays off
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) Job Overview:
- Multiple positions in various clinics including Women's Health, Student Health, and Flight Medicine.
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) Job Qualifications:
- Computer Skill Competency (Microsoft office, electronic health records, et al)
Graduate from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited academic program
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. jurisdiction.
- One year of LVN/LPN experience post graduation and within the past two years
Contract position with a Spring 2019 start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encourage to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!