This job is archived
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) job in Corpus Christi, Texas.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) Job Overview:
- Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
- Complete assigned patient care based on the patients' conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
- Observe, identify and respond to the patient's needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
- Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
- Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient's condition before, during, and following the procedure.
- Orient peers and ancillary personnel to unit policies and procedures, skills, and standards of practice.
- Integrate healthy work environment principles that result in improved patient healthcare delivery, education of patients and their families and employee satisfaction.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- 1 year experience within the last three years in an ambulatory care setting
- 1 year of full-time experience in the preceding 3 years in a pediatric setting
- Possess a minimum of one year experience within the last three years as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in an ambulatory care setting.
- Graduate from an accredited vocational nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency AND accredited by NLNAC or CCNE at the time of graduation
- LVN/LPN Licensure: Current, full, active and unrestricted license. Any U.S. state.
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date.
Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!