Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Intake Assessment - Home Health
Intake Assessment Licensed Vocational Nurse - Home Health
An Intake assessment Nurse LVN is a LVN with home health experience whose primary responsibility is to accept referrals from a variety of resources via phone and fax.
• Prioritizes daily referrals in order to guarantee timely patient admission.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously.
• Checks and follows up on ECIN and iNEXX referrals on a daily basis.
• Scans referral information into All Docs.
• Accurately transcribes medical and insurance information from faxed documentation and phone referrals.
• Verifies and obtains orders from physician.
• Ascertains if insurance is contracted with SJHH in order to assure appropriate financial reimbursement.
• Interfaces with the Insurance Verification Specialist as needed.
• Communicates with Clinical Manager and Service Coordinator to assure coordination of services.
• Keeps Pharmacy Department informed of upcoming referrals and faxes them the final hard copies.
• Applies Medicare and State Regulations pertaining to home health when accepting a referral in order to be compliant with said regulations.
• Create and maintain intake orientation manual and assess caregiver skills to identify training needs.
• Instruct and monitor the work of orientees.
• Provide comprehensive and constructive feedback for intake team members and update Director of Nursing.
• Makes recommendations related to training and skill development to the Director of Nursing.
• Create and manage on-call schedules of RNs and LVNs for weekdays, weekends and holidays.
• Coordinate referrals at intake with QA, eligibility ensuring initial authorization for visits and corrections needed for authorizations, e.g., med records, diagnosis etc.
• Assist with resolution of referral source complaints, concerns or requests.
• Review referral packets to ensure completion.
• Provide daily declination reports to the Executive Director.
• Contact referral sources to provide availability of disciplines and geographical locations of available resources.
• Create and manage schedules for intake staff.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Mandatory interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Knowledge of computers.
• Knowledge of home health compliance issues, payer coverage requirements related to eligibility for services.
• Knowledge of home health referral process.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Completes necessary education to attain LVN Licensure in state of California.
• 1 year Acute care experience.
• 1 year Home health experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Current California LVN License.
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States