This job is archived
Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
-Women's Health, Reproductive Health (including males) and Family Planning - position may expand into other services including primary care
Provide reproductive health care services to a broad-based population with clinical
supervision by the Medical Director and operational supervision by the Family Planning Manager. Provide
skilled client care in the clinical setting including gynecological exams, screening and treatment,
counseling, contraceptive advice and prescriptions, detection and treatment of vaginitis, cervicitis and
STDs, follow-up patient consultations and other medical conditions as per health center guidelines and
client needs. Provide direct client services according to company Medical Protocols in accordance with
PPFA Medical Standards and Guidelines. Maintains a patient load of 4 patients per hour.
1. Perform medical screening procedures as appropriate for clients.
2. Perform gynecological and STD examinations and screening examinations including thyroid, heart, lungs,
abdomen, extremities, breast, genital and pelvic examinations.
3. Refer clients with abnormal conditions found on examination to Medical Director and/or other physicians
or medical facilities as needed per health center guidelines and/or client needs.
4. Perform, order, and interpret routine laboratory tests.
5. Responsible for follow-up of abnormal pap smears, positive STD tests or other abnormal lab tests.
6. Perform medical referrals as indicated and appropriate follow-up.
7. Maintain productivity expectations and compliance standards of the health center.
8. Maintain a close working relationship with Medical Director, VP of Medical Services, Family Planning
Managers, Surgical Services Manager, and other licensed staff of the agency.
9. Participate in in-service training, volunteer training and community education as assigned by Family
10. Initiate problem solving to ensure smooth health center flow.
11. Serve as a telephone resource person for client or medical information calls.
12. Document findings and referrals. Sign records and prescriptions.
13. Work independently to maintain up-to-date knowledge in the health care field via attending seminars and
workshops, and reading relevant material.
14. Provide skilled LARC services for patients requiring such services.
15. Participates in monitoring of quality and risk management activities, including audits and training, to
ensure delivery of quality health care in compliance with company Medical Standards and Guidelines,
company policies and procedures and State and Federal regulatory requirements.
16. Promotes a spirit of teamwork and professionalism among all staff.
17. Function as back-up for other clinicians and understand procedures at all health center sites and fill in as
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the Medical Services Management Team, including assistance in
QUALIFICATIONS: To be successful, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily
and demonstrate a constructive relationship with the Family Planning Manager. Listed below are
knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited nursing program/physician assistant program with state-mandated
2. Current Delaware license as an advanced practice registered nurse/physician’s assistant with
prescriptive privileges required.
3. Minimum of zero to two years’ experience as an advanced practice nurse/physician’s assistant, with
experience and broad knowledge of family planning. Experience within a family planning clinical
4. National Certification or a current Medicare/Medicaid number.
5. Professional, positive attitude with proven ability to contribute effectively to highly functioning work
JOB # KC 897