Nurse Practitioner job in Alamogordo, New Mexico.
Any U.S. state license honored.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Full-time hours
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Nurse Practitioner Job Overview:
- Provide a full range of outcome-based nurse practitioner services
- Supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide evidenced-based educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions, chronic illnesses, or minor trauma within accepted protocols, clinical practice guidelines, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or in consultation with a physician.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement and safety.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Graduate from an academic program, within the nursing specialty field of study that is accredited by a regional or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by ACEN or CCNE
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner
- RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any US state.
- 1 year experience as a NP
Position contingent on contract award with a Summer start date.
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!