This job is archived
Nurse Practitioner (NP) job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system providing services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families. This is a newly created position.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Nurse Practitioner (NP) Job Overview:
Provide a full range of outcome-based nurse practitioner services
Supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems.
- Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses, or minor trauma within accepted protocols, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or in collaboration with a physician.
- Collaborate with the physician in the health care of patients with chronic illnesses.
- Request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries
- Assesses patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react quickly in emergency situations.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision -making and process improvement.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
Master's Degree in Nursing
Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE accredited academic program.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. state.
- Nurse Practitioner certification
- 1 year of full-time experience as a Nurse Practitioner within the last two years
Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
Position contingent on contract award with a Summer start date.
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!