Are you a Primary Care or Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, wanting to find your next rewarding contract position?
At National Staffing Solutions, we believe this process should be exciting and as smooth a transition as possible. We have an invested interest in helping you connect the dots to plot where you'll go next with the confidence and support you deserve.
If you're as passionate about helping patients as we are and want the opportunity to embark on a new adventure, then take a look at what we have currently available:
- Start date: As soon as you complete our new hire credentialing and arrive at your contract assignment destination
- Location: Somerset, KY. All appointments will be at the clinic - no travelling.
- Long-term Opportunity
- Commitment: 2 days/week, can work around your existing schedule
- Hours: 8am-5pm
- There is no prescribing medication/putting together any treatment plans in this role
- This position is part of the VBA MDE (Veterans Benefits Administration Medical Disabilities Examinations) program.
Your Daily Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessments that help the VA answer questions about the Veterans’ current health.
- Prior to every exam, the practitioner reviews each Veteran’s medical or mental health history, using electronic bookmarks that highlight the portions applicable to the Veteran’s claim(s) condition.
- This material, paired with the Veteran’s responses collected during the exam, guides the practitioner through our web-based examination form.
- Electronic exam documentation needs to be submitted within 24 hours of each appointment.
- Common exams include: musculoskeletal, cardio and respiratory.
- Ancillaries (X-rays, labs, EKGs, PFTs, ABIs) may be ordered and will be conducted on-site or nearby.
- The practitioner will not make a determination of percent of disability or rating, develop any treatment plans or prescribe medication. Only non-invasive assessments are performed and then documented.
What You’ll Need to Qualify for this Role:
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Kentucky
- Current and unrestricted licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in State of Kentucky (APRN).
- Preferred experience assessing Veterans, but not a requirement.
Submit your resume to us today for consideration. Click the apply button below and one of our committed recruiters will be in touch within 24 hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.