This job is archived
Advanced Practice Provider shall devote exclusive efforts to the practice of medicine as an employee of the Hospital by providing professional medical services within the scope of APP’s training and responsibility, in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Hospital policies, procedures and protocols, within a chosen medical specialty.
Position Reports To: Practice ManagerResponsibilities
- Sees patients in the clinics for examination, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries. Refers to physician as needed. Writes prescriptions and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
- Confers with attending physicians as needed.
- Counsels patients and families and helps them understand issues related to physical and emotional health.
- Participates in health promotional activities.
- Participates in decisions, planning, and policies related to clinical care.
- Maintains thorough and complete outpatient records in a timely manner and demonstrates proficiency in using the Electronic Medical Record documentation system.
- Records statistics and conducts research as deemed necessary.
- Collaborates with staff and physicians to identify patient’s needs and help develop plan to meet those needs.
- Serves as a member of committees as assigned.
- Maintains hospital privileges as Limited Health Practitioner.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.Qualifications
- Appropriate certification.
- Ability to obtain an active license in the state of WA.
- Deals with confidential medical information and problems in a discreet manner.
- Coordinates with all staff to resolve problems.
- Consistent focus on maintaining accuracy of accounts and confidentiality of patient information.
- Must possess basic computer skills related to Windows navigation, mouse usage, keyboarding, email communication and password management.