Traveling Wound Care Specialist Needed to Join Advantage Surgical & Wound Care
If the idea of working 24/7 with high-stress or very sick patients in a hospital or office (a high malpractice risk associated with relatively low pay) no longer excites you, this may be the job for you. Our growing nursing home wound care practice is in need of MD/DO/ARNP/PA.
Flexible work hours, no night or weekend call, great staff to work with, well compensated.
This role will require weekly travel throughout FL, GA and any other state deemed necessary. Ideally located in Jacksonville, but other cities will be considered. You must be licensed in the state of FL and we can assist with licensing in other states.
Wound Care Specialist Duties:
- Manage wound care in the nursing home environment
- Staff Physicians supervise Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners
- Educate personnel. Experience is helpful but not required
Wound Care Specialist Job Description:
- We expect you to read the materials assigned to study and demonstrate this with documents and conversation.
- It takes about a month to learn the basics, 3 months to start to feel comfortable, 1 year to know wound care.
- This is a day job, Monday through Friday. No nights or weekends.
- We group the facilities by location and assign them to a physician/ARNP. The physician/ARNP visits these facilities weekly and manages the care of the patient's wounds.
Wound care involves:
- Assessing the patient (complete H&P). Special attention is paid to disorders that increase the risks of wound formation.
- Debridement of wounds
- Order appropriate dressings
- Ordering other appropriate medications and instructions
- Educating the nursing staff
- Communication with PCP, family and clinical team as needed.
Guessing is not allowed!