- At least five (5) years of experience with ArcGIS Desktop
- At least three (3) years of experience with ArcGIS Server
- At least two (2) years of experience with ArcGIS Online
- Digitize small-scale and large-scale projects using digitizing techniques and generate maps with large vector datasets
- Perform attributing spatial and tabular data
- Create, adjust, correct, manage, convert and distribute base maps and thematic data layers
- Project and transform geospatial raster and vector data sets
- Reformat, perform georeferencing, and rectify geospatial vector data to project specific base maps, i.e., digital orthophoto
- Code and edit digital points, lines and polygons
- Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control of GIS data
- Perform GPS and data collection
- Provide topology development
- Manage and edit large vector/raster datasets within ArcGIS / Microsoft SQL Server
- Manage datasets in GIS
- Conduct routine reviews of data for accuracy and auditing purposes
- Collect data from data owners and load the data in the GIS system
- Maintain data stewardship documentation
- Maintain and collect metadata information
- Develop technical documentation
- Develop training course materials
- Perform workflow and critical path analysis while preparing datasets
- Collect enhancement requests and update data into the GIS system
- Perform other duties as assigned
Business Hours Support: TO Contractor shall assign TO Contractor Personnel to support Department business hours (7:30 AM to 5:00 PM), Monday through Friday except for State holidays.
Duties: Conducts geographic information system (GIS) program activities, utilizing GIS hardware and software to produce maps, spatial databases and thematic data (such as wetlands, road centerlines, cadastre, and historic sites). Creates, adjusts, corrects, converts and distributes base maps and thematic data. Digitize and maintain spatial databases of information; document procedures, validate data for accuracy and completeness, complete approved metadata forms and produce maps of the resulting information. Evaluate information and data from outside sources to determine the quality of the data. Provide geographic location coordinates from the GIS to facilitate spatial analysis and data manipulation, calculate distances and area of features and interpret legal descriptions and certify changes in boundary lines. Act as a "consultant" to internal customers during their use, development and quality assessment of spatial databases.
Education: 1) A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, GIS Technology, Cartography, Computer Science, or related field with at least nine (9) credit hours in courses specifically related to GIS operation/management.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience is required in GIS, cartography, CADD, or a related field without the appropriate college degree.