Maximo / WebSphere System Administrator- Administrator, Systems
- At least two (2) years of experience with Maximo 7.6 Application administration, configuration and maintenance including:
- Working with product setup with multi-sites and multi-organizations
- Writing reports utilizing BIRT or IBM's current report development tool
- Migrating data into Maximo utilizing the Maximo Integration Framework (MIF) (or IBM's current migration utility) and validating work from Maximo's front-end
- Maximo Asset Management deployment and configuration
- Updating, building and deploying Application Enterprise Archive (EAR) files
- WebSphere Application Server (WAS) security
- At least two (2) years of experience with WebSphere Application Server (WAS) administration, configuration and maintenance including:
- Security administration
- Work load management
- Failover management
- JACL and Jython scripting to automate WAS administration and deployment tasks on JVM configuration, J2EE application deployment, backup and JVM export/import
- Troubleshooting network and/or application problems
- Tuning and debugging application
- Upgrading and fix packing server
- Knowledgeable in each of the following technical areas:
- Server types that interact to perform system administration in application server, node agent, deployment manager, administrative agent and job manager
- Cell, node, profile, JVM, JRE, Clone, high availability, scalability and workload
- WebSphere Plugin
- JMS, queue destinations, topic spaces, JDBC provider and JDBC database sources
- Deployment descriptors (Application.xml and Web.xml)
- Security domains
- SSL Certificates and authentication
- JVMs in garbage collection and JVM command lines
- WebSphere portal server
- Databases, basic SQL and table space
- File systems
- Virtual servers and virtual hosts
- Relationship between IBM HTTP Server and Apache
- Implement, configure, operate, and maintain IBM Maximo 7.6 Application System
- Work with Maximo applications associated with Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Asset Management, Work Management, Vehicle Management, Contract Management, Inventory/Stockroom Management, and Procurement Management
- Design, document, develop, implement, and support integrations between Maximo and various systems as determined including but not limited to Microsoft Dynamics SL Financial Accounting System
- Incorporate best practices to analyze, design and configure Maximo
- Ensure that the application meets the needs of Maximo users including activities like user provisioning and maintenance of high-level master data such as domain values, security-group authorizations, and classifications
- Consult with internal IT resources, vendor and system users to identify issues, gather requirements, and develop solutions
- Provide recommendations and guidance for software maintenance patching and version upgrades
- Coordinate to system users the possible downtime necessary to apply Maximo patches
- Analyze and support Maximo promotion of configuration changes
- Assist in adding, modifying and granting access to Maximo system
- Monitor application activities
- Support all Maximo environments, including testing, development, pre-production, training and production
- Develop SQL and PL/SQL scripts
- Assist with documenting report specifications; develop reports utilizing Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) and Crystal Reports. Perform testing and publishing reports.
- Perform Maximo database configuration
- Perform Maximo application server configuration
- Support WebSphere portal server
- Perform WebSphere Application Server 7.X system administration in IBM Maximo Application System in a high availability environment.
- Perform WebSphere Application Server system installation, configuration, deployment, administration, tuning, and production support.
- Setup load balancing, clustering, and failover.
- Develop support documentation and train team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Business Hours Support: TO Contractor shall assign TO Contractor Personnel to support Department business hours (7:30 AM to 5:00 PM), Monday through Friday except for State holidays.
Duties: Monitor and coordinate all data system operations, including security procedures, and liaison with end users. Ensure that necessary system backups are performed, and storage and rotation of backups is accomplished. Monitor and maintain records of system performance and capacity to arrange vendor services or other actions for reconfiguration and anticipate requirements for system expansion. Assist managers to monitor and comply with State data security requirements. Coordinate software development, user training, network management and minor installation and repair of equipment.
Education: An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related technical discipline. A Bachelor's Degree in one of the above disciplines equals one-year specialized and two (2) years general experience. An additional year of specialized experience may be substituted for the required education.
General Experience: Two (2) years of experience in a computer-related field.
Specialized Experience: One (1) year of experience administering multi user, shared processor systems and data communications networks.