This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager position is a civilian position providing services within the extensive military medical system, which provides services to active duty service members, military retirees, and their families. Civilian and military personnel work together in the hospitals and clinics.Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job highlights:
- Holidays off
- Benefits (health, dental, and vision)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job overview:
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP) and ensure that the CMP meets established case management (CM) standards of care.
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. Identify opportunities for CM and identify and integrate local CM processes.
- Develop and implement local strategies using inpatient, outpatient, onsite and telephonic CM
- Develop and implement tools to support case management, such as those used for patient identification and patient assessment, clinical practice guidelines, algorithms, CM software, and databases for community resources.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrating nursing case management with social work case management.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations.
- Accurately collect and document patient care data.
- Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal of optimal wellness.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure proper implementation of patient treatment plan and follow-up post discharge in ambulatory and community health care settings.
- Provide appropriate health care instruction to patient and/or caregivers based on identified learning needs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job qualifications:
- [Register to View] 36328px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Associates Degree of Nursing (ADN)
- [Register to View] 36328px;font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">BLS
- Graduate from a nursing accredited by a national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the US D.O.E. (NLNAC or CCNE)
- Two years of experience in full time clinical nursing case manager
- RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Board Certification: one of the following certifications OR meet requirements under the experience above.
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Must have the knowledge and skills to effectively apply the following core case management functions: a) Assessment: Identification of patients for case management; comprehensive collection of patient information and medical status; and continued evaluation of an established plan of care; b) Planning: Collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver, primary provider and other members of the health care team for developing an effective plan of care; c) Facilitation: Care coordination and communication among all involved parties; d) Advocacy: Support for the patient and family/caregivers to ensure identified education and appropriate, timely care is received.
- Must be knowledgeable in medical privacy and confidentiality HIPAA, AAAHC, and TJC.
- Computer competency (Microsoft applications, Outlook, internet, et al)
Position contingent upon contact award. Incumbents encouraged to contact us.
Come join our team!