This job is archived
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager job is civilian position within the extensive military medical system providing a full range of services to military service members and their families. The RN CM position is supporting the Naval Medical Health Clinic in Fort Worth.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Holidays off
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager Job Overview:
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP)
- Ensure that the CMP meets established case management (CM) standards of care
- Assist in coordinating a multidisciplinary team to meet the health care needs, including medical and/or psychosocial management, of specified patients.
- Serve as consultant to all disciplines regarding CM issues
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring.
- Develop and implement local strategies using inpatient, outpatient, onsite and telephonic CM; develop and implement policies and protocols for home health assessments and outcome measures.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrate nursing case management with social work case management.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations, the Defense Health Agency (DHA), and the Managed Care Support Contractor.
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team members to set patient-specific goals. Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal of optimal wellness.
- Identify and select clients who can most benefit from case management services available in a particular practice setting.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Manager Job Qualifications:
- RN License: active, unrestricted. Any U.S. state honored.
- Baccalaureate Degree or an Advanced Nursing Degree
- Graduate of a school of nursing school accredited by ACEN, formerly known as NLNAC, or CCNE.
One of the following Certifications:
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- Minimum of six (6) months of case management experience within the preceding thirty six (36) months AND obtain any of the above certifications listed above within six (6) months of commencing performance.
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently
- Physically capable of standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time and physically capable of performing all services required under the task order.
- U.S. Citizenship
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!