PrimeCare Medical is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Nurse (RN) to work as the night shift Charge Nurse in the medical department at the Cecil County Detention Center located in Elkton, MD. In this role, the Charge Nurse will monitor and evaluate nursing care in accordance with PrimeCare Medical (PCM) philosophy, goals, and objectives. This position will directly report to the Health Service Administrator.
The Charge Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the nursing practice complies with established nursing standards. In addition, the Registered Nurse will also assess and provide comprehensive treatment care while observing and maintaining security requirements. Other responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a professional working relationship with facility staff, unit staff, contracted providers, outside service providers and corporate staff.
- Ensure that the proper flow of relevant information (inmate/patient information, unit problems) is disseminated to appropriate personnel.
- Is operationally responsible and accountable for the nursing functions of the medical unit as they pertain to his/her shift.
- Maintain accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Provide health counseling to inmates/patients.
- Conduct sick call for inmate/patients and provide treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries, defined by written protocol and approved by the PCM Medical Director. Refers all cases not covered by written protocol or that do not respond to treatment to an appropriate PCM provider.
- Receive and give inter-shift report to ensure continuity of care and to disseminate pertinent information necessary to the functioning of the oncoming shift.
- Observe, report and document symptoms, reactions and progress of inmates/ patients. Participate in the formulation of the plan of nursing care.
- Participate in pre-release planning with other members of the facility staff.
- Collect complete ongoing data to determine nursing care needs.
- Implement nursing care plans which promote, maintain, and restore the wellbeing of inmates/patients.
- Perform all aspects of general and specialized nursing care principles and techniques in the care and treatment of the ill inmates/patients.
This position provides a two week orientation period where you will be training on-the-job and shadowing with the nursing staff.
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a Tuition Reimbursement Program