This job is archived
- Competitive Wage!
- Paid-time off for all employees
- Medical, dental, vision insurance starts at $40/pay for FT employees
PrimeCare Medical of New York, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Nurses (RN) to work full-time or PRN on the overnight shift (7:30pm to 8:00am) in the medical department at the Putnam County Jail located in Carmel, NY. This position would be working every other weekend. In this role, the RN will monitor and evaluate nursing care in accordance with PrimeCare Medical (PCM) philosophy, goals and objectives. This position will directly report to the Health Service Administrator (H.S.A).
The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the nursing practice complies with established nursing standards. In addition, the Registered Nurse will also assess and provide comprehensive treatment care while observing and maintaining security requirements. Other responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring treatment services to avoid the inappropriate use and/or duplication of services Advising Health Services Administrator and Nurse Supervisor if these situations arise.
- Monitoring and recommending methods to improve operational efficiency and cost containment effectiveness.
- Assisting Health Services Administrator or Nurse Supervisor to coordinate and/or conduct monthly health care staff meetings, as assigned.
- Providing other services and performs other duties as assigned by Nurse Supervisor, Health Services Administrator, head nurse, or corporate staff.
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Providing health counseling to inmates/patients
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide provisional diagnosis and treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries defined by written protocol and approved by PCM Director
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmate/patients and participates in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Implementing treatment care plans which promote maintain and restore the well-being of inmate/patients
- At a minimum of every shift, at the beginning of the shift, taking vital signs, doing a complete assessment and documenting findings on dispensary care of all inmates/patients housed in the medical unit and/or mental health unit
This position provides a orientation period where you will be training on-the-job and shadowing with the nursing staff.
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a Tuition Assistance Program.