This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU job in San Antonio, Texas.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO and
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU Job Overview:
- Assesses patients. Uses the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Demonstrates proper preparation of patients for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions.
- Provides proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
- Skilled in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EDG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other specific equipment.
- Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: dressing changes, catherization, wound irrigation, intravenous line initiation, intravenous fluid administration, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, vital signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as prescribed by the provider.
- Serves and participated in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement.
- Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services. Nurses shall attend all mandatory unit meetings and in services as directed.
- Initiates infection control techniques when caring for all patients. Ensure that isolation precautions are followed.
- Ensure that all rooms and bays are cleaned and stocked between patients.
- Submit prepared documents before the end of assigned shits.
- Assist patients with nutritional, hygiene, and comfort measures.
Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ADN. BSN preferred.
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Three years of experience in the last 5 years as a clinical nurse in the medical/surgical or critical care inpatient setting.
- Experience with newborn to geriatric population
- Minimum 1 year experience in post anesthesia/sedation within the last three years
Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals.