Provides leadership, which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position.
- Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
- Masters in Nursing preferred
Required License or Certifications
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
Preferred License or Certifications
- National Certification in area of specialty.
- One-year cardiac Intermediate or ED experience
- Four years CVICU nursing experience- open-heart recovery in an acute care setting
- Unique that it has combined unit of Cardiovascular ICU and Cardiovascular Recovery
- Surgical Post-Op- Advanced Heart Patients after getting LVAD in CVOR and then come to CVICU before CICU
- 19 beds but staffed for daily census for about 10-12
- No New Grads on this unit ever, they have to start in CICU
- Patients transfer from or to 4 heart (CVPC)-4 Heart is very unique in that they get ICU patients that very sick, very critical. It’s a natural progression to go from 4 or 5 Heart to CICU/CVICU
- Echmo patients which nurses manage (other facilities have profusionist who manage it). Nurses need 1 yr CVICU experience before being trained on it
- Must be critical thinker, resilient, flexible, adaptable, teamwork and willing to learn
- Orientation- 2-4 weeks
- High Volume heart center, Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
- We are a teaching hospital without a cardiovascular residency program so its nurse driven, patient care focused
- Strong leadership team
- Must be willing to float to another ICU as needed
- Will consider candidates with strong ICU/Med Surg experience in a large acute care facility (20+ beds/ 400 bed facility)
- Will consider candidates with ADN/ASN but must obtain BSN within the next 4 yrs.
Compensation: Salary range from $24.00 (min), $33.83 (mid), $40.65 (max) based on years of experience.
Shift Differential- 2nd- $4.00, 3rd- $6.00 Weekend- $3.50