Intensive Care Unit - Nurse Assignment
As an ICU Nurse, you will be responsible for providing direct and individualized nursing care to patients. This assignment is for NYC Health + Hospitals located in New York, NY.
You will deliver vital care to seriously ill or injured patients in our ICU department. As a specialized nurse, you are highly trained to treat patients who have suffered strokes, heart attacks, or undergone invasive surgery.
You will perform a range of tasks including performing diagnostic tests, conducting follow-up visits, monitoring patient recovery, and responding to medical emergencies. In addition to having a highly-analytical mindset, our ideal candidate will also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evaluate and monitor the patient’s progress.
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members.
- Begin treatment and monitor doses.
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors.
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit.
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient.
- Maintain patient records.
- Create and implement effective care plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience as an ICU Nurse or critical care unit.
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology.
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts.
- Demonstrate brilliant empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotional environment.
Overall weekly amount: $5,055
- NYC Health + Hospitals system
- Pay: $65/hour and $97.50/hour for overtime. Approximate weekly amount: $3,380
- Duration: 13-week assignment, possible option to extend
- Weekly Shifts: 4 (12 hour/shift)
- General and Professional Liability coverage
- Worker Compensation coverage
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance available from first day of employment
- Travel to/from NYC reimbursed (flight or mileage)
- $150 daily stipend for food/transportation/incidentals. Weekly amount: $1,050
- Lodging provided or $625/week housing stipend