Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse - Assignment
As an PICU Nurse, you will be responsible for providing direct and individualized nursing care to patients. This assignment is for NYC Health + Hospitals located in New York, NY.
You will deliver vital care to seriously ill or injured pediatric patients in our PICU department.
You will perform a range of tasks including performing diagnostic tests, conducting follow-up visits, monitoring patient recovery, and responding to medical emergencies. In addition to having a highly-analytical mindset, our ideal candidate will also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients' symptoms and medical history for the doctor.
- Assessing a child's needs and providing initial care.
- Identifying changes in children's symptoms and intervening in emergency situations.
- Participating in pain management for children.
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines.
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records.
- Evaluating children for signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Providing supportive care to dying children.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child's illness or injury.
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures.
- Associate's degree in Nursing or a relevant field.
- At least 1 years’ experience as an PICU Nurse.
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology.
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts.
- Demonstrate brilliant empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotional environment.
Overall weekly amount: $5,055
- NYC Health + Hospitals system
- Pay: $65/hour and $97.50/hour for overtime. Approximate weekly amount: $3,380
- Duration: 13-week assignment, possible option to extend
- Weekly Shifts: 4 (12 hour/shift)
- General and Professional Liability coverage
- Worker Compensation coverage
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance available from first day of employment
- Travel to/from NYC reimbursed (flight or mileage)
- $150 daily stipend for food/transportation/incidentals. Weekly amount: $1,050
- Lodging provided or $625/week housing stipend