DaVita is seeking Registered Nurses (RN) to give life to kidney patients. Nephrology nursing is a growing specialty with opportunities for career advancement and building relationships with patients and teammates. Dialysis experience is NOT required. We hire new graduate nurses.
Did you know?
DaVita was named as “One of the Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare. We are the only nationwide healthcare provider on the top 100 list!
What is nephrology nursing?
- Focuses on kidney health. Treat and care for patients suffering from, or at risk for, kidney problems
- Involves preventing disease and assessing health needs
- Spans the life cycle: acute, chronic and transplant
- Requires holistic approach to patient care, involves every organ system
We are currently hiring in 3 different RN Modalities / Specialties within Dialysis across the Greater Atlanta Area. We will train in each modality. Which path is right for you?
In-Center Hemodialysis (Outpatient)
- Typical schedule is 3 days a week Monday - Saturday, 12-hour shifts, usually between the hours of 4 AM – 11 PM. No Sundays.
- Work environment is the outpatient dialysis center. Interdisciplinary team includes patient care tech, social worker and dietitian.
Hospital Services (In-Patient / Acute)
- Typical schedule is 3-4 days a week, 12-hour shift. On-call required; pay for on call and shift differential.
- Work environment: hospital setting. Typically work autonomously to deliver treatment alongside other hospital staff.
Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) and Home Hemodialysis (HHD)
- Typical schedule is 5 days a week, 8-hour shifts, Mon-Fri; no weekends. Some on-call required (typically telephonic).
- Work environment is the home therapy dialysis center. Some minimal travel to patient homes. Interdisciplinary team includes social worker, dietitian and mainly external partners.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations. New grad nurses are welcome!
- Associate or Bachelor in Nursing
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and make sound recommendations
- Excellent communication skills & empathy to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
Nice to have:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) RN, Critical Care Unit (CCU) RN, Emergency Room (ER) RN, or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) RN experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) RN