Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedics job in San Antonio, Texas.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO and
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedics Job Overview:
- Provides professional nursing care through the delivery, management, and coordination of care and services in a clinic setting through face-to-face encounters or via telecommunications technology by performing nursing triage to determine the appropriate level of care
- Provide direct patient care to orthopedic patients.
- Patients are to be assessed, treated and directed as to follow-up care as per dictated by the applicable orthopedic team.
- Schedule operative cases, as directed by the provider, submit buck slips, order consults and diagnostic tests in medical data system.
- Serve as point of contact for pre and post-operative orthopedic patients, and shall administer and/or monitor medication regimens as dictated by the physician.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedics Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Three years of experience in nursing within the last five years in Orthopedics
Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals.