Registered Nurse (RN) - Primary Care job in Gulfport, Mississippi.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Overview:
- Provision of Patient Care
- Provide comprehensive nursing care for all ages and families in their Medical Home Port Team utilizing evidenced-based clinical practice guidelines and engages patients actively in their health care.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in the execution of the nursing process and clinically directs staff in its application.
- May administer routine intravenous fluids and/or medications.
- Monitor and/or administer diagnostic and therapeutic agents.
- Initiate and maintain medical history on patients, recording observations and stated symptoms for use by the Medical Home Port Team. Observe and record pertinent vital signs, determine and order laboratory procedures on patients that may be required by the provider to diagnose and treat the patient, per command and department policies.
- Perform triage through the screening of patient problems.
- Take appropriate action such as practitioner referral and evaluation, health care advice, initiation of medical protocols or referral based on medical staff protocols.
- Proactively collaborate and integrate with members of their team, other departments and directorates to achieve optimal care for the patient in the HOME PORT Model.
- Participate in continuous process improvement to improve access to care, quality of care delivered, experience of care and to demand manage the utilization of health services by enrollees.
- Actively participate in MHP Team huddles
- Proactively assist team's identification of diagnostic procedures required during schedule scrub.
- Assist with identification of patient education needs and reviews plan with team members for coordination of educational needs.
- Assist providers with physical examinations, treatments and diagnostic procedures.
- May assist provider with completion of reporting and required documentations regarding communicable disease and sexually transmitted diseases to the proper authorities.
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Qualifications:
- RN Licensure: current unrestricted license. Any U.S. state.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing educational program.
- At least 1 year of experience as a full-time RN in a comparable setting
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date and award notice.
Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!