This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Home Port job in Jacksonville, Florida.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Days shifts
- Holidays off
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Home Port Job Overview:
- Enhance continuity of care, wellness, and disease management for patients enrolled to the outpatient clinic
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
- Serve as the first line primary care team member for the Medical Home Port team's patient population and assigned nursing service personnel.
- Active participant in the primary care team and has a level of responsibility for the oversight and care coordination for the patient's needs.
- Address medical issues in a compassionate, comprehensive and integrative manner utilizing a collaborative approach with emphasis on prevention of disease and promotion of health and wellness.
- Perform a full range of RN duties in accordance with assignment, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring.
- Use of patient monitoring and treatment equipment
- Appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments
- Execution of physicians' orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice
- Documentation of patient care and observations
- Patient education and emotional support
Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Home Port Job Qualifications:
- RN Licensure: active, unrestricted, current. Any U.S. state.
- Possess a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, a Graduate Diploma in Nursing, or an Associate Degree in Nursing, from an accredited agency such as the ACEN or CCNE
Second Location/Level II:
- 12 classroom hours of continuing education within the preceding 24 months that maintain RN skills and knowledge
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!