Certified Nurse Midwife - OB/GYN job in Jacksonville, Florida.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Primary schedule is Monday-Friday
- Full-time hours
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Certified Nurse Midwife - OB/GYN Job Overview:
- Provide comprehensive primary care to women from menarche through menopause. Plan and manage prenatal, postpartum, well woman gynecologic, family planning and pre-conceptual care.
- Participate in the care of women with medical complications.
- Consultation, collaboration and referral with Obstetricians-Gynecologists.
- Manage the care of normal antepartum women to include teaching, counseling and support.
- Take a health history and perform and record the obstetrical physical evaluation. Collect, document, and evaluate patient data.
- Assess patient needs, formulate, and implement a plan of care for each patient consistent with established guidelines.
- Manage antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care.
- Perform the following: manage and control normal spontaneous deliveries; record the labor and delivery.
- Perform and record physical evaluation of newborns.
- Manage the care of normal newborn including nutrition, elimination and activity.
- Maintain all required patient records and report pertinent information.
- Prescribe medications, as required, in accordance with MTF privileges.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse. Any U.S. state.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from a certified nurse midwife education program accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives
- Certification: Certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board
- 1 year of full-time experience within the last 2 years as a Nurse Midwife in an outpatient setting
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!