This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) job in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Full-time hours
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Overview:
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of all assigned personnel.
- Assesses, screens, and/or triages patients via telephone or in-person as directed by the PCM, per approved MTF protocols and/or CSSPs. Requires expert, skillful, rapid assessment and triage for patient problem(s) and needs both in clinic and over the telephone.
- Documents appropriate disposition/management of the patient to include optimal time and location to report to the emergency department (ED), urgent care clinic, follow-up with PCM or PCM team, or homecare and follow-up care as required.
- Executes medical orders, requests diagnostic tests and places appropriate referrals as directed by the provider. Obtains both internal and external diagnostic tests and consultation results, notifying the ordering provider of any abnormal results, and arranging follow-up care as directed by the provider.
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Qualifications:
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- 3 years full-time nursing experience
- 2 years' experience in the last 3 calendar years in a primary care setting
- RN Licensure: active, current, unrestricted.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by AHA
- Direct hands-on experience in the last 3 years with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use/maintenance of automated electronic medical records is required.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical diagnoses, disorders/conditions and disease processes across the lifespan.
- Knowledge of preventive health maintenance/schedules, ambulatory care procedures, clinical practice guidelines, clinical support staff protocols (CSSPs), and education/teaching methods related to wellness, disease, and/or disability management.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, risks/benefits, and complications, in addition to, accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Knowledge of the requirement for appropriate documentation of episode(s) of care, management of the treatment plan, and interventions, to include, patient, family and/or caregiver acknowledgement, understanding and agreement with the plan of care and treatment.
- Knowledge that the patient and family are in control as the major caregivers, users of the health system, and decision makers regarding compliance with the PCM team's care regimen.
- Ability to recognize emergent, urgent and/or deteriorating signs
Position contingent on contract award with a Summer start date. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!