This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) - Occupational Medicine job in San Antonio, Texas.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO and
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Occupational Medicine Job Overview:
- Performs oversight on various product line evaluations. This includes but is not limited to tuberculosis screening, occupational health surveillance exams, occupational fitness exams, and deployment related evaluations.
- Performs/assists with procedures as needed
- Provides clinical oversight of all paraprofessionals involved in the provision of therapeutic treatments.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professionalissues.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements. Ensures for proper documentation and coding of procedures and treatments
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Encourages team building and enhances work knowledge by cross-training/augmenting other units as appropriate.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Occupational Medicine Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Three years of nursing experience in comparable setting
Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals.