This job is archived
We are in search of a RN Director for a medical surgical unit with a nursing background in this specialty or critical care setting. To be considered you should be showing some track of progressive leadership in your career working as a Clinical Care Leader, Charge or Supervisory experience interested in moving into a Manager role in which you will be responsible for the responsible for the integration, facilitation, and coordination of the management and clinical activities in the Intensive Care Unit on a twenty-four/seven basis.
Our beautiful facility is recognized for the following:
Mission: Lifeline® Gold Receiving Achievement Award
Virginia Maternity Center’s Breast-feeding Friendly Designation
Get With The Guidelines®- Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target® Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll
Joint Commission’s Advanced Primary Stroke Re-Certification
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Certification
Our facility is located across from the city of Norfolk. Excellent schools, low crime, reasonable cost of living.
Relocation is offered for this role and possible sign on bonus.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of nursing experience working in Medical surgical critical care setting with some progressive, supervisory/ leadership experience.
- Wants to be a professional role model, mentor, clinical resource/educator for nurses and other members of the health care team.
- NO job hoppers
- Hands on leader… strong mentor, able to bring teams together, steps in when necessary
More of what the qualified candidate will be DOING:
- Directs and facilitates scheduling and procedural flow each day to optimize patient care and maximize lab resources.
- Develops unit goals and objectives in collaboration with the Administrative Director to improve patient outcomes and create a center of excellence.
- Represents the unit and is a liaison to internal and external customers.
- Participates in professional development activities and is active on house-wide committees.
- Participates in the department’s budget development and is responsible for monitoring and variance analysis.
- Reports to Administrative Director of Nursing
- Responsible for 40+ FTEs
- This unit has 17 beds/ nurse to patient ratio is 1:2 most of the time.
- Hours are Monday thu Friday 8-5pm
Lots of opportunity for career growth. This facility is very much an advocate for hiring from within.
Our client offers great benefits, annual merit increases and a very competitive salary that goes well into the six figures. Salary depends on years of experience.