Operating Room Registered Nurse
Project Location: Kwajalein Atoll
International SOS Government Services, Inc.
The Role: International SOS Government Services is seeking an Operating Room Registered Nurse for a Travel Assignment. This is a great opportunity to work in a beautiful, unique setting with a generous benefits package. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person!
Are you a person who truly wants to help our enlisted men and women?
Are you someone who wants to make a difference every day?
Do you want to work for a company that offers one of the best benefits in the country?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this job is for you!
This project site is located at the U.S. Army Garrison Hospital on the island of Kwajalein Atoll. The hospital serves more than 1,400 residents, which include military personnel, Army Civilians, contractors, and family members. Kwajalein is home to one of the world’s largest coral atolls and surrounds one of the largest lagoons in the world. Kwajalein’s year round warm, sunny weather supports a variety of activities, such as scuba diving, sport fishing, sailing, and water skiing. The military base also boasts entertainment areas like a movie theatre, bowling alley, gym and small shopping areas. Airfare, Transportation, Lodging and Meals are Covered!
The Operating Room Nurse will be responsible for assisting with preoperative and postsurgical care and treatment under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist medical providers with medical procedures as allowed within licensed scope of work.
- assisting with preoperative and postsurgical care and treatment
- Intake and documentation of the patient’s medical history, prescribed medications, and vital signs.
- Assist with examinations and/or treatments.
- Report all changes in patient’s conditions to the medical provider.
- Provide assistance with minor/acute surgical procedures and have the capabilities to stabilize trauma patients in preparation for transport to higher level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience
- Experience in a clinic setting (Operating Room)
- Current and unrestricted license from any US State, District of Columbia or US Territory to provide healthcare within scope of practice.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Nursing is required from an accredited nursing program.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- American Heart Association - Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) certification is preferred.
- CNOR preferred (not required)
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs.
Other Special Qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to effectively communicate
- This position is unaccompanied.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card is required.
- US DOD CNACI clearance or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll.
- A valid passport is required and must be in your possession prior to relocation. You must maintain a current passport during your stay on Kwajalein Atoll.
Full time employees of International SOS are eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision benefits and a 401k option. Additional benefits may include tuition and travel reimbursement for full time employees.
DO YOU KNOW A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL? WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT REFERRAL PROGRAM FOR KWAJALEIN AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE EMPLOYED BY INTERNATIONAL SOS TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! YOU CAN EARN UP TO $750 FOR QUALIFIED REFERRALS, INQUIRE TODAY!!
International SOS provides travel security solutions for organizations who have employees around the world. We help companies prepare their workforce for travel to unfamiliar and remote locations, and provide training and guidance on travel risk management to help keep workers healthy and safe, wherever they may be. Our highly-trained teams use their knowledge of procedures and policies across the world to help provide global medical assistance and security measures
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.