ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Large award-winning health system located in Southern California that prides themselves in both patient AND employee care. This hospital system makes certain that front line staff have just as much of a voice as leadership and will go above and beyond to provide continued support, growth and development of their most valued asset. Their Mission Statement is centered around their employees, as this health system truly understand that great patient care comes from great and happy employees. This health system has been named one of the top 150 hospitals to work for IN THE NATION due to their emphasis on cultivating a supporting and safe environment for their staff. If you want to work for an organization that listens to you, sees your value, and is committed to helping you achieve your goals, then Welcome Home!
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The OR RN is responsible for providing safe, effective and compassionate care to patients in the Operating Room. This position will be with the Ortho team and does require call. Must be within 30 minutes of hospital when on call.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Scrub and Circulate for all Orthopedic cases in the Operating Room (Total Joints, Spine, Shoulder, Hands, etc.)
- Assessing patients prior to surgery
- Gathering supplies needed for the Operation
- Assist in the responsibility of keeping OR sterilized.
- Position and prep patients on the operating table.
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Minimum of 1-year Operating Room RN experience, with at least 6 months scrubbing OR circulating in adult orthopedic cases
- BSN required, or willing to obtain within 3 years of hire
- Able to think well under pressure and respond to emergency situations quickly and calmly
- Current RN license within the State of California (or eligible to obtain CA License upon hire)
- CNOR Preferred
BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL PERKS
- Relocation Assistance
- All hospitals within this health system have received Magnet Designation
- Shift Differentials for night and weekend hours
- Excellent benefits, to include comprehensive medical, dental and vision that begin 30 days after start.
- Excellent PTO plan that includes sick, personal, holidays, and vacation
- Employer matching of 100% of the first 5% of pay.
- Terrific school districts
- Campus gym for employees
- Fitness classes
- Massage days
- Cooking classes
- Financial wellness workshops
- Onsite health coach
- College savings plan for your dependents
- Awards and Recognitions
- Tuition Reimbursement and CME Reimbursements
- Voted one of THE TOP 150 HOSPITALS TO WORK FOR IN THE NATION
ABOUT THE AREA:
Located in Sunny Southern California, there is always something to do. Located just miles from some of the Pacific Coast’s most beautiful beaches and most exciting amusement parks, you will never run out of things to do. If you need a quick getaway, you are centrally located between 4 major airports. This location is also home to one of the largest high-end malls in America and one of the largest outlet malls in America as well. In addition to the beautiful scenery, top notch dining and awesome family fun, this area also offers over 20 hiking trails, 70+ museums, excellent school districts, and nearly 300 days of sunshine per year.