Operating Room Department Manager (RN)
Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
* Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
* Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
* Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
* Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
* Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
* Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
• Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles required.
• Minimum four (4) years of previous supervisory experience required.
• Must have Main OR experience
Education, License, Certification, Registration
• Current California RN license by date of hire.
• BLS certificate required.
• BSN OR BA in health care related field strongly preferred.
• Master's degree preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
600 beds facility. The Department Manager Leader - Operating Room will oversee a staff of 101 FTEs, including 3 Assistant Nurse Managers who will report directly to this manager. There are 12 OR Suites that run 7 days a week, with 4 running on the weekend. They do 30-35 cases daily, including approximately 6 neuro or ortho cases. Seeking a Manager who present, visible, and a working manager. One who stays up to par on skills and OR processes. Will view cases from the OR. Will bridge and foster a relationship with PACU and SPD. Will cover the ASC Manager for sick calls and PTO