Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics job in San Antonio, Texas.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO and
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics Job Overview:
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- One year experience in nursing in a pediatric setting within the last three years
- Outpatient pediatric experience with telehealth nursing highly preferred
Spring 2019 contract start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals.