This job is archived
We are hiring for a civilian Registered Nurse (RN) Mental Health to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at Tripler Army Medical Center in breathtaking Hawaii.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Schedules: 8,10, and/or 12-hour
• 7 days per week including weekends and federal holidays
• Excellent financial package designed to attract compassionate top performers
• Comprehensive benefits package to include major medical dental and vision plans 401k
• Paid time-off and holidays
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) must have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of one year experience within the last three years caring for psychiatric inpatients as a registered nurse
• Graduate of a nursing program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing or the National League for Nursing
• Current, unencumbered RN license from any state or territory of the United States
• Have and maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association. Certification must include hands-on-training. Online certification is unacceptable
• Knowledge of interpersonal relationships and the ability to maintain composure and react appropriately while relating to patients and families; to manage distraught, irritable, unreasonable or angry individuals; and to maintain positive rapport with all individuals involved in patient care
• Ability to react with alertness and skill in any emergency situation, e.g., cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma and psychiatric reaction. Serves as member of the resuscitation team
• Give inhalation therapy treatments, with knowledge of medications utilized in this treatment and reactions
• Must possess the knowledge, actions, and dosages of most commonly used psychotropic medications and have successfully completed competency based training on the following tasks:
• Application and use of restraints
• Performing Mental Status Exams
• Completing a psychiatric nursing assessment on admission
• Conducting Community Meetings
• Facilitating task and education groups
• Co-facilitating group therapy
• Performing Special Watch Procedures
• Behavioral Health Restraints
• Conduct on-going assessment and be able to identify and respond appropriately to mental/behavior status changes
• Recognize and respond appropriately to signs/symptoms of extrapyraminal side effects (EPS) and Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)
At Matrix Providers - You come first. Always.
Your success is the focus of our entire business.
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers is a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter who has been a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers for the past 8 years.