Maxim Healthcare Staffing is seeking a Corrections Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurses to work in close and immediate contact with prisoners on a daily basis providing general and emergency nursing care in the Medical and Ambulatory section of the Corrections Facility while maintaining facility security standards. When necessary, the nurse makes referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional, or specialist in alcohol and drug abuse treatment. The LPN ensures all medication is administered in accordance with standard operating procedures and as ordered by the authorizing authority.
LPN Pay: $27/hour
RN Pay: $38/hour
Additional crisis rates if hired before June 30, 2021!
Travel Packages Available!
- Utilizes the nursing process to plan, implement, treat and evaluate the patient/inmate
- Integrates and implements referrals of inmates to the staff physician, nurse practitioner, dentist, mental health professional
- Looks for signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition and reports to RN
- Documents the patient’s plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions
- Monitors consistency between patient plan of care and actions of medical staff
- Collaborates the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions
- Documents patient’s response to nursing and other interventions
- Uses clinical judgment in evaluation and responding to emergency medical situations involving inmates or staff
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment
- Participates in infection control activities in accordance with department and as directed by Infection Control Coordinator
- Participates in the orientation and continuing education of staff
- Participates in the Health Quality Improvement Program
- Supports professional practice by observing the following: Uses knowledge in accordance with 1) the Nurse Practice Act; 2) Standards of Nursing Practice; 3) Standards of Patient Care; 4) The Joint Commission, state and local laws; 5) Patient’s Bill of Rights; and 6) Maxim Healthcare, nursing and client policies
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Possesses a current Practical Nursing License in the applicable state.
- Minimum of one year experience in Corrections preferred but not required.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable). 11/09/2011 Page 2 of 3 LPN Corrections
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including but not limited to supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required