Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Patient Care Technician - PCT - Dialysis
The Patient Care Technician, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, assists with providing care and delegated activities of treatment to patients with renal failure. This position performs duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse and Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
• Obtain blood samples for laboratory analysis as required to complete physician orders.
• Perform duties at all times under the supervision of a Charge Nurse and within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
• Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective equipment as necessary.
• Clean, disinfect, and rinse dialysis machines in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Prepare machines for hemodialysis treatments.
• Obtain pre and post treatment weights of patients per protocols.
• Safely initiate and terminate dialysis treatments per center protocol, and within scope of practice and as allowed by state regulations.
• Monitor patients during dialysis treatments.
• Mix acids and bicarbonate according to protocol.
• Complete water testing on dialysis machine at the beginning of each treatment day and as directed by the Administrator. Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after all treatments, as required.
• Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• CPR certification required within 90 days of hire or as required by the state.
• Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
• Prefer a minimum of 3 months in dialysis healthcare or phlebotomy experience or CNA experience.
• Must be certified under a State certification program or a national commercially available certification program as follows (see addendum for Patient Care Technician)-
• Certification must be obtained within 18 months of hire date as Patient Care Technician. Time employed as a Patient Care Technician prior to employment with USRC will count towards the 18-month deadline for certification, unless a gap in employment as a Patient Care Technician is more than 18 months.
• Certification must be maintained as current and in good standing.
Successful completion of USRC training program approved by the Medical Director, including demonstrated competency, within 8 weeks of hire.
• Successful completion of USRC training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis within 8 weeks of hire.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
STATE SPECIFIC BOARD OF NURSING REQUIREMENTS
i4 Search Group is a National Staffing and Permanent Placement Recruiting Firm, specialized in the medical field. We’re dedicated to providing your business with highly skilled professionals well matched to your unique hiring requirements and workplace environment. Whether you’re looking to staff healthcare or energy positions, we can help you find the right fit for your team.