Experience & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in Mental Health preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact with institutional and clinical staff.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirement.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
YesCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Psychiatric Technician with YesCare:
- Provision of life skills training to groups or individual patients as assigned. Groups to be offered may include personal hygiene, money management and community transition.
- Provision of special interest groups as assigned to stimulate patient interaction and involvement. Groups to be offered may include sports, current events, music, travel.
- Provision of craft activities to individual patients or groups as assigned.
- Provision of recreational activities to individual patients or groups as assigned. Recreational activities to include bingo, board games, tournaments, sports games, exercise periods.
- Engagement in active treatment programming.
- Provision of daily documentation of type of services provided and number of patients participating.
- Monitor patients during scheduled and free time activities to minimize episodes of out-of-control behavior.
- Interact with patients in socially appropriate manner to include involvement in activities or games.
- Participation in unit treatment team planning.
- Documentation of critical incidents and treatment progress in patient's medical record.
- Participation in unit morning report.
- Participation in monthly unit staff meetings.
- Provide support to therapist.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
YesCare Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
About YesCare Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with YesCare, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a YesCare professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join YesCare today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Join Our Talent Community
Job Locations US-KY-Louisville
Category Behavioral/Mental Health
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 90065