Seeking a Medical Staff Coordinator to join a great hospital and health system!
The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the functions of medical staff to include: credentialing, appointment and reappointment of clinical privileges, meeting management for all medical staff committees, and ensuring compliance with CMS Conditions of Participation and Joint Commission and The Compliance Team Medical Staff standards, especially related to Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation. Requires a working knowledge of the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, policies and procedures and works with the Medical Executive Committee and Administration to keep them current.
Does this sound like a perfect fit? Please submit your resume learn more about this opportunity. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
Scheduled hours for this position:
- Days. 8:00AM-4:30PM
- Associates degree, required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Two (2) years of administrative experience, required
- Two (2) years experience in Credentialing or coordination of a regulatory program, required.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting, required.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS), preferred
- Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM), preferred.
- Must obtain certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services within three (3) years of the date of hire
- Knowledge of Joint Commission (TJC), The Compliance Team (TCT), NCQA, and New York State Department of Education Laws.
- Able to Interpret and apply DOH regulations, Joint Commission and The Compliance Team standards, and CMS Conditions of Participation to work processes.
- Strong telephone skills are needed.
- Must have interpersonal skills to handle confidential information and sensitive situations and ability to work with diverse group of people within and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with a diverse group of people both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to build rapport quickly, develop trust, sustain working relationships, and represent LFH positively in internal and external meetings is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills, required.
For more details please submit your resume.