Certified Nursing Assistant- Night shift
Place of Performance: Louisville, KY
A-Team Solutions is seeking 10 CNA’s for possible Full-Time 1-year contract positions at the VA Hospital in Louisville, KY. Nights - Shift time is 80hrs bi-weekly, 6-12 hrs 7:30P-8A and 8hrs 11:30p-8A.
Certified Nursing Assistant
• Provide direct patient care and/or close observation of patients. Document on
patient's observation flow sheet as directed by RN to document patient behavior,
Activity of Daily Living, and physical care every tour. Documentation requirements
can occur every 15 minutes as delegated by the nurse or charge nurse.
• Delivery of direct patient care to include personal hygiene care (bathing, dressing,
toileting), assistance with meals, lifting and moving, and assistance with ambulation.
• Ability to assist in the full range of nursing care to patients/residents with physical
and/or behavioral problems in a hospital, long term care setting under the direction of
a Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Vocational Nurse Licensed Practical Nurse, to
include, but not limited to taking measures, records and reports weight, height, vital
signs, intake and output, foley care, collecting urine, stool and sputum tests, set up
and monitor wall and tank oxygen, continuous and intermittent suction, collects and
assembles chest suction equipment.
• Ability to communicate orally with patients/residents, families, interdisciplinary team,
and other personnel. This includes serving as a preceptor to new CNAs by assisting
with the coordination of their orientation and overseeing/assessing their practical
experience while in a clinical setting.
• Ability to recognize and react to emergent patient/resident care situations and
intervene while waiting for assistance. For example, recognizing need for basic life
support, preventing falls, controlling bleeding, and assisting with behavior crisis, etc.
• Report changes in mental or physical status immediately to assigned nurse/charge
Must have valid/unrestricted CNA certification
Must have BLS ( American Heart)
Must have two years experience as CNA and Med/Surg experience
Must have received the COVID 19 vaccination
A-Team Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Contract length: 12 months