Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) LPN Full time 8 & 12 hr shifts
We have an exciting LPN opening in our medical department at the Baltimore County Detention Center in Towson, MD
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining security of all medical records
- Ensuring strict compliance to all applicable pharmacy regulations
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate / patients and provide treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries.
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of patients and participating in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record
- Accompanies and assists PCM physicians during facility rounds
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We’re a private, physician founded correctional healthcare practice. We provide comprehensive medical and mental healthcare services to over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (i.e. Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, New York, and New Hampshire)...