This job is archived
We have an exciting LPN opening in our medical department at the Pike County Prison in Lords Valley, PA.
Shift: PER DIEM AVAILABILITY
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining security of all medical records
- Ensuring strict compliance to all applicable pharmacy regulations
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate / patients and provide treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries.
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of patients and participating in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record
- Accompanies and assists PCM physicians during facility rounds