STGi Offers Flexible Work Hours and a Sign-On Bonus
- Are you looking for a more balanced work life?
- Are you tired of the demands in hospitals and private practice settings?
- If you are a dedicated hard worker who is extremely passionate in providing healthcare services and exceptional care to patients, we have the job for you...
STGi provides detention health care services including medical, dental, and behavioral health to individuals in custody within ICE detention facilities. We are seeking LVN/LPN candidates for full-time and PRN/Per Diem healthcare positions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an approved, accredited Vocational/Practical Nurse program located in a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.
- Current, full and unrestricted LVN/LPN license in the state of Texas.
- One year of professional experience as a licensed vocational nurse/licensed practical nurse.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing, and granted privileges.
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- May be expected to respond to and coordinate response to medical emergencies.
- Evaluates health care needs of residents and assists RN in the development of nursing care plans to meet those needs.
- Must adhere to practical nursing principles, procedures and techniques for appropriate patient care and take direction from registered nurses and onsite administrative personnel.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
STGi is driven to positively impact our customers, our employees, and the communities that we serve.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a PTO and paid sick leave policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.