Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - PACU job in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- 24/7 facility
- Variable shifts: 8, 10, and 12- hours
- Holidays off
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Job Overview:
- Assists with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
- Provides individualized patient teaching on appropriate topics to include preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic testing, examinations, treatments, and clinical procedures to include care of deceased patients.
- Performs appropriate portions of medical examinations, treatment, diagnostic, and clinical procedures.
- Records treatment, procedure rendered, and observed effects.
- Identifies and records patient problems and appropriately notifies provider/nursing team of observations.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with scope of practice and training.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies and performs basic life support measures.
- Adheres to infection control procedures including use of personal protective equipment, disposal of waste, and aseptic technique.
- Performs central sterile supply duties.
- Ensures all equipment is properly assembled, operates, cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Performs medical records reviews and applies appropriate protocols and guidelines to determine medical needs.
- Maintains patient medical records in electronic format as well as hard copy as required.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Job Qualifications:
- Inpatient clinical setting hands-on patient care in the for at least 12 months within the past 24 months.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers
- LPN/LVN license: Current, full, active and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse.
- Graduate from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited vocational nursing program accredited by the State, national agency, or military equivalent.
- Must have understanding of and ability to correctly utilize and/or apply; medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, clinical procedures, patient care techniques; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral medications, vaccination procedures, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, medical contingency operations, computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Experience performing care and treatment of patients; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment; properly administering oral and parenteral medications; conducting portions of physical examinations; or assisting in medical treatment of patients in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
Position contingent on contract award with an expected April 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!