This job is archived
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - DHA job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Monday-Friday days
- Holidays off
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - DHA Job Overview:
- Assists in routine care and treatment of patients, to include flying and special operational duty personnel, when required.
- Organizes the medical environment, performs and participates in support activities for outpatient care situations, including contingency operations and disasters.
- Serves as a Practical Nurse performing patient care and nursing administrative duties for outpatients.
- Monitors and records age appropriate physiological measurements.
- Orients new patients to the clinic/hospital environment.
- Assists with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, and transfers as directed.
- Provides individualized patient teaching on appropriate topics to include preventative healthcare and health maintenance.
- Prepares and positions patients for diagnostic testing, examinations, treatments, and clinical procedures.
- Performs appropriate portions of medical examinations, treatment, diagnostic, and clinical procedures.
- Records treatment, procedure rendered, and observed effects.
- Identifies and records patient problems and appropriately notifies provider/nursing Team of observations.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with scope of practice and training.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies and performs basic life support measures.
- Performs appropriate portions of physical examinations including age appropriate physical measurements.
- Adheres to infection control procedures including use of personal protective equipment, disposal of waste, and aseptic technique.
- Performs central sterile supply duties.
- Ensures all equipment is properly assembled, operates, cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Performs medical records reviews and applies appropriate protocols and guidelines to determine medical needs.
- Maintains patient medical records in electronic format as well as hard copy as required.
- Prepares and submits administrative reports.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) - DHA Job Qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited national, state or military equivalent school for Practical Nursing.
- LPN/LVN License: current, active, valid, unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Computer Competency
Able to use various programs, such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project to generate a range of products (i.e., tables of contents, import graphs or databases, create glossaries, align multiple columns, print document, identify files or make other notations at the top or bottom of each page, and create form letters and automatically merging these with mailing lists). Databases and computer operations.
- Hands-on patient care in the outpatient clinical setting for at least 12 months within the past 24 months as a LPN
- Understanding of and ability to correctly utilize and/or apply; medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, psychology, pharmacology, medical ethics and legal concepts, clinical procedures, patient care; emergency medical treatment to include cardiopulmonary resuscitation, aseptic technique, specimen collection, diagnostic testing, prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding IV) medications, vaccination procedures, mechanisms of anaphylaxis and shock and their treatment; prescription drugs and their administration; operating and maintaining therapeutic equipment, risk management, medical contingency operations.
Position contingent on contract award with a Spring 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!