STG International seeks short term (30-90 days) support with immediate start dates due to COVID-19 emergency needs.
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) to provide services at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
We are hiring LPN/LVN’s for the following Missouri locations:
- 3200 South 2nd Street, St. Louis, MO 63118
- 3838 Vogel Road, Arnold, MO1 63010
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Pharmacology and medication administration techniques per facility protocols, and state regulations, as prescribe by PACT Provider.
- Work with the PACT team to check-in/check-out patients.
- Participate in all staff meeting and PACT huddles.
- Observe patients and report adverse reactions to medications, treatment or physical/mental condition.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigation, catheterization, injection administration and venipunctures.
- Prepare patients for laboratory procedures and examinations by providing information and instructions, while assisting the Primary Care Provider and RN Care Manager upon request.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, EKG, oxygen, automatic electronic defibrillator (AED), and portable suction.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Assist support staff as needed.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
- Document all pertinent information.
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow up appointments in accordance to the NGA’s access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
- Assure patients' are informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and their families for informational purposes.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist the NGA Clinic Manager (either PA/NP or RN Care Manager) in maintaining the clinic compliant with all federal, state, local, JCAHO, OSHA, and STG Program and Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Assist the RN Care Manager in ensuring all patient information on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and support patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Applies the basic concepts of customer service techniques, cultural diversity and age-specific characteristics.
- Document patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and perform other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.
- Make follow up visits.
- Provide general clerical/administrative support coordination work for the unit.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
Due to the crisis we are flexible with state licensure and work availability. We will accept any state license and consider full time, part time, and PRN shifts. Must be available days, evening, nights, and weekends.
- Minimum of two (2) years of current clinical experience working in a similar environment. Outpatient clinical and/or other hospital experience preferred (Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room, or other hospital experience preferred).
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures and complex methods for coordinating and scheduling clinical care.
- Thorough knowledge of the variations in anatomy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the practical nursing principles, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to assess patient condition, recognizes adverse signs and symptoms, and reacts swiftly in emergency situations.
- Ability to follow orders and works under close supervision, while demonstrating initiative and independence.
- Ability to provide, as directed by the provider, individualized and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction with the focus on disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Ability to provide educational material to patients and/or families regarding proper home health care activities, such as giving injections, taking blood pressures, changing wound dressings, etc.
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient usage considerations.
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique related to age-specific population.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with the work in the facility and in-depth knowledge of the terminology used in Primary Care Practice.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Electronic Medical Records and computer maneuverability.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- LPN from an accredited nursing school.
- Current and unrestricted nursing license in the state in which the LPN/LVN practices.
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS) from AHA or MTN
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
*Housing and travel accommodations may be available