- Profession: Peds CVICU NP
- Dates: ASAP - ongoing
- Support staff: Intensivists, Cardiologists, CV Surgeons, RNs (1:1 and 1:2 ratios) plus other support staff
- Practice Description: The CVICU Nurse Practitioner (NP) will function in an advanced practitioner role as a clinical expert in the management of pediatric cardiac intensive care patients within a family-centered care environment. Under the direction of the attending CVICU attending and practicing within Standardized Procedure SP101 (“Process Protocol for Nurse Practitioners”), the CVICU NP will evaluate, diagnose, treat, develop and implement the plan of care for cardiac medical patients and cardiac pre- and post-operative/procedure patients. The CVICU NP will function in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary cardiac team. She/he will provide consultation and education to patients, families and members of the multidisciplinary team.
- EMR: Cerner
- Licensure/Certifications Required: CA Nurse Practitioner license, CA Registered Nurse license; DEA license; NRP; BLS; ACLS; PALS
- Licensure/Certifications Preferred: Certified Pediatric NP Experience
- Preferred/Desired: 4yrs of peds nursing experience preferred. Client may consider 2-3 years. A mix of cardiac peds is most important! Client may look at someone with PICU experience, but they would need to have a background in CVICU. Or would consider someone with heavy CVICU RN experience with some peds, even if lacking extensive NP experience.
- Education Required: Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited school; Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program; Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Education Preferred: Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner; Doctorate in Nursing.
- Procedures: Remove chest tubes, ECMO
- Patient Volume: Average daily census of 8
At Aya Locums, we make locums easy with:
Personalized Communication: Single points of contact, 24/7 recruiter access, agility with approval and decision making
Online time keeping and expense reimbursement: No faxing, handwriting or scanning time cards. All time and receipts are entered into the web portal for reimbursement per pay period
Pay breakdown emails: To ensure accuracy, you will receive an email with the breakdown of your pay prior to payroll being processed each pay period for revision if necessary
Confirmation of submissions: You will receive an email from your recruiter anytime you are presented to a hospital, including a breakdown of each site presented to and the details
You save lives, we simplify yours! Contact us ASAP at [Register to View]