PrimeCare Medical, Inc. (PCM) has been in operation since 1986. We’re a private, physician founded and nationally accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical and mental healthcare services to over 70 county-level jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, WV, NY, & NH).
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today’s medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional healthcare is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care, and Emergency Medicine; serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient population.
We are presently seeking a hard-working, Part-Time Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work in the medical department at the Washington County Detention Center in Hagerstown, MD.
This part-time position requires up to 10 hours/week of on-site medical care, Monday’s – Friday’s (weekends also available if interested!). Shifts are very flexible and typically scheduled during normal business hours, thus this opportunity can accommodate around almost any schedule/lifestyle!
To quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on experience;
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is provided;
- Annual licensure reimbursement provided; and
- Much more.
In this role the NP will be performing physical examinations on all newly incarcerated inmates/patients, as well as evaluating sick inmates/patients, and present your observations to the attending physician.
You will be responsible for performing a variety of duties such as suturing and administering injections and medications, drawing blood samples, and evaluate of diagnostic findings. Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Providing counseling and education on common medical problems.
- Performing histories and physicals on all newly committed inmates/patients in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, facility requirements, and PCM policies and procedures.
- Complying with standards of care in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted healthcare standards.
- Developing and conducting in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar, as assigned by PCM Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Reviewing inmate/patient records to determine health status and initiate necessary treatment.
- Screening inmate/patient sick call requests to determine appropriate follow up care.
- Evaluating inmate/patients at sick call for common complaints.
- Ordering appropriate laboratory tests and X-rays.
- Ordering specialty consultations when indicated.
- Providing other services as required at the request of the PCM Medical Director and/or Administrator.
- Providing ongoing, continuous care for inmates/patients with chronic medical problems such as asthma, hypertension, and diabetes.
- Collecting specimens for and carrying out commonly performed blood, urine, and stool analyses and cultures.
- Evaluating and initiating treatment in emergency situations such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, hemorrhage, burns, and injuries.
- Prescribing therapeutic modalities such as medications and diets in accordance with regulations.
This position is exciting and fast paced, and as such we must have someone who is able to multi-task well and has excellent time management skills. They must also have the ability to work independently and be comfortable with making patient diagnosis on their own.
- Licensed to practice as an NP in the State of Maryland.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Maintain a current CDS & DEA number.
- Maintain a current Driver’s License.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong clinical skills and ability to work independently are a must.
We’re committed to managing and reducing risk in correctional healthcare by providing cost-effective quality healthcare management, continuously improving the standards of care.
Dedicated to correctional healthcare, PCM prides itself on our strong client relationships, effective and efficient management of healthcare services. These attributes continue to be the hallmark of our success. With new contracts established regularly, opportunities for development and advancement are ample.
PCM utilizes a proprietary EMR system customized to our practice, and specifically designed for correctional healthcare. Said technology is user-friendly, intuitive, and always available. At PCM, we’re dedicated to your long-term success and foster this by providing individually catered training to every one of our physicians. We teach you how to document in real-time and tactfully structure our call requirements, to ensure that you’re life outside of your career is focused on the things that truly matter.
To learn more about why PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is the choice for quality correctional health care, please apply today to schedule a phone interview. We’re ready to speak with you about joining our PrimeCare Medical family!