Our Mental Health ARNP works under supervision of the Staff Psychiatrist or Director of Psychiatric Services and in accordance with established CCS policy and procedure as well as within the State guidelines. Maintains any documentation required by state or facility guidelines to demonstrate compliance with supervision requirements. Provides psychiatric consultation, diagnostic and treatment services to the identified inmate population, including medication management and crisis intervention services.ass="iCIMS_InfoMsg iCIMS_InfoField_Job">Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school
- Two (2) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Psychiatric experience preferred and/or experience in a residential healthcare institution.
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the state of practice, as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Adult PMHNP Certification.
- Must maintain CPR certification, and any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract.
- Provides required documentation of services to the Staff Psychiatrist or Health Services Administrator in order to monitor compliance with facility contract.
- Notifies Mental Health Coordinator, Mental Health Director, or Health Services Administrator of requested schedule changes in scheduled coverage.
- Assists in arrangement for coverage of psychiatric services if unavailable for extended period of time.
- Maintains and shows proof of current State licensure and provides duplicate for personnel file.
- Maintains continuing education requirements for continued medical practice in the State.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer