This job is archived
(Archived) Locum Tenens NP/PA Trauma Surgery Opportunity in Pennsylvania
VeloSource has a locum tenens Trauma Surgery opportunity in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. This is open to either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Active PA State License
- Board Status: Board Certified
- Required Certifications: ACLS, ATLS, BLS, PALS
- Minimum Years Experience: 3
- Experience in Trauma/Acute Care/Emergency General Surgery and will need to be independent in procedures such as central lines and chest tubes as well as have experience first assisting in the OR, seeing consults, admissions.
- No outpatient responsibilities
- Tues & Wed | 7a-7p | No Call Fri - Sun | 7a-7p OR 7p-7a | No Call |
- Typical Day: Rounding on inpatient service in AM followed by documentation of daily notes that includes ICU management and hospital discharges. First assisting in OR cases; there are not cases every single day. Seeing new ED consults, floor consults, and responding to all trauma alerts.
- Avg census: 20 patients
- Avg admissions: 5 admissions per day on average. T
- Trauma Level: II
- Procedures: Central lines, chest tubes, lac repairs, I&D, FAST exams
- Typical Cases seen: Trauma Ex laps, appendectomies, cholecystectomies, emergent ex laps, hernia repairs. No elective cases, all emergent.
- Adult 90% Pediatric 10%: Patient Mix: 70% Surgical, 30% Trauma
- EMR: Cerner PowerChart
Contact VeloSource to discuss this job or any of our Locum Tenens opportunities nationwide.